Sentiers du Patrimoine ®


La Martinière

Informations directionnelles

Continuer jusqu'au numéro 155, une grille vous donne accès au lavoir Hervieux (4).

Prochain point :

Fontaine-Lavoir communal Hervieux

Prochain point : lat="49.003824" lon="1.969053"

La Martinière
Originally, the "Château of the Temple"



As exceptional outside...

In 1880, Léon Sari, director of the Folies Bergère in Paris commissioned the architect of his theater, Lucien Roy, to build his secondary residences. Roy was inspired by eclectic styles and chose a range of materials (Burgundy bricks in several colours, ceramics, iron) usually used for industrial buildings.

Then Eugene Martin, a Parisian diamond merchant, bought the house and gave it his name. To enlarge it in 1897 he called on the architect Paul Lagrave. Interested in Art Nouveau, he drew his inspiration from nature.



... as it is inside

The interior design of the winter garden, the pool room and artist's studio, are remarkable: wall ceramics, marble mosaic floor, exceptional stained glass, woodwork stippled with gold medallions suggesting the insect world, signed by Oscar Lavau, and connecting the two buildings, a glass walkway that houses a winter garden. The municipality acquired La Martinière in 1951. It was listed on the inventory of historical monuments in 1995. In 2008, the two "Paysages au bord de l’eau" (Landscapes by the water) painted in 1899 by Alphonse Alexis Morlot, a pupil of Corot, were restored.

You can admire them in the wedding room and boardroom.





by Expression Nomade