Sentiers du Patrimoine ®


Ferme de la Grüe

Informations directionnelles

Longer la ferme, puis la contourner en tournant à gauche. Marcher 90 mètres, puis tourner à droite sur un chemin herbeux. Au bout de celui-ci, tourner à droite. Arrivé à l’intersection avec la rue du château, traverser afin de prendre le chemin étroit en face. A la sortie (rue de la source), prendre à gauche puis tout de suite à droite la rue du Bout Sirop. Au numéro 6 de cette rue, vous apercevrez un magnifique porche.

Prochain point :


Prochain point : lat="49.064819" lon="1.866150"

Grüe Farm
Isolated in the heights of Frémainville


A large farm typical of the Vexin region...

Grüe Farm stands on its own away from the village and features the typical layout of large farms in the French Vexin. The various buildings stand close together and enclose a square-shaped courtyard. The main building cannot be seen from public spaces; only the old outhouses, now converted to flats, are visible.



Built by a great patron and landowner

Built in early nineteenth-century Gothic style, a barn bears the date 1808; it is unusual in that it is built entirely of gritstone from the nearby quarries in the Bois des Garennes at Lainville-en-Vexin. The central bell tower is mediaeval in inspiration, with crows at the top. The protruding keystone of the arch above the carriage door bears the letter V topped with a crown. They refer to the illustrious owner and builder of the farm, Count Vitali (1830-1909), descended from an illustrious family of Venetian origin who settled in France after fleeing from Napoleon's army. Count Vitali began building in the Vexin in 1867, when he bought a vast estate comprising land in Frémainville, Vigny, Jambville, Longuesse, Sagy, Avernes, Théméricourt and Seraincourt. He used the revenue from his various properties to build or rebuild numerous buildings, including the Saint-Clair Church in Frémainville.





by Expression Nomade